Monday 27 September 2010

Frying Mince?

Ever since I was very small, I thought that spaghetti bolognese had chewy mince.

Mince, passata, spaghetti. You can't really go wrong with it. However, my mince was always chewy.

discodoris told me the secret.

Fry the mince, don't boil it!

I needed to be told three times. It is ingrained into me that I should boil the stuff!

This has caused another problem. Whenever I cook (and I mean WHENEVER! It doesn't matter what I cook, what implements I use, whether it's the grill, the oven, the hob) the smoke detector will blast-out at 100dB to complain!

1 comment:

  1. At least you don't /want/ the smoke alarm to go off...

    I lived with a girl at uni who would /deliberately/ time her lamb chops by the smoke alarm.

    *BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP* "Ah, dinner's ready!"

    ReplyDelete